Monday, 31 December 2012

New Chapter

Here's to the last day of 2012.....

It was a great year for Bradley Wiggins, a great year for the Olympics......but not the best for me....for a host of reasons that I won't go into here.

The upshot is that I am looking forward to 2013. Next month I begin the Strategic Command Course ( SCC ), mainly  at the Police Staff College, Bramshill. The course runs until late March, 2013 and has three modules which focus on Business, Executive and Professional Skills. There is a brief stint also at the Scottish Police College. There will be around 40 other people on the course, mainly from UK police forces but also from France, British Virgin Islands ( to be my best friend! ), Gibralter and Jersey. We had a brief introduction prior to Christmas and my first impression was of a great bunch of people with a real variety of policing backgrounds. So, I am really looking forward to the SCC.

I thought it might be worthwhile using the blog to raise some of the topical policing issues that arise along the way.

I have tried to say in previous posts, that in my view, technology and e communications have a big part to play in the future of policing whether that is through twitter, blogs, web chats or apps for mobiles etc.

I am not a 'technology' type of person but I do believe a great deal in openness and transparency in policing. In my opinion, technology like the use of this blog, is a means of promoting those values.

Thanks for looking at the blog and I hope your 2013 is better than my 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment